Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Day of Rest

OR NOT! Many of us consider Sunday to be a day of rest. This one was no different for me and I thought I had done a rather nice job of it. However, most people that have heard what I did today argue the case with me. I slept in until 8 a.m. which in and of itself is an amazing feat for me. I sat around and drank coffee for a good while in my jammies. Then comes the caviat - I went to "work".

Remember last week when I went to the flea market and told you about Cheryl Lynn's boutique? Well, she called me Thursday to see if I was serious about working with her if she ever ran into an emergency. DUH...If I said it I meant it. It seems as though her regularly scheduled employee would be out for today which gave me an opportunity to fill in for her.

I went in this morning at 10 a.m. and was outta there by 2:45 p.m. The boss (Cheryl Lynn) was wonderful to work with. There were no real expectations of me (bonus). This was something totally different from my "everyday" life. The customers were bright and cheery (unlike children's squeals and tantrums). And to top it all off, I get more clothes from Cheryl Lynn's Boutique. It's like I got paid for playing - WOO HOO!

So I feel rested and I think that is what counts!

This is where Cheryl Lynn's is located
Cheryl Lynn talking with a customer
"Thank you for being so patient,
your wife should be out soon"
Working hard
"what do you mean you can't find her?"
Cash is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment