Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN

San Pedro here I come!

Yes, I do realise I still have nearly a month til I get to escape from reality for a while, but I have already begun the countdown to the day I arrive on that beautiful sand.

Here's the back story:

3 years ago, Kerry, my hubby, went to Belize to do a travel video (Yea Magnum Belize http://www.magnumbelize.com/ He went all over the country, including Ambergris Caye which is where you will find San Pedro. While he was there he met people, sat in with a band (Kerry plays a mean guitar), then said it'd be great to bring the band down. Apparently the right people were listening because the following April The Fat Cats (Kerry's Band) http://www.myspace.com/thefatcats1990 was asked to come down and play for the inaugural San Pedro Lobsterfest http://www.sanpedrolobsterfest.com/ Pretty cool, huh?

Of course the band jumped at the opportunity. Everyone got their passports in order. Then comes the confrontation... I did NOT intend to go to Belize. I am NOT a groopie. I am NOT one to shirk my responsibilities (I have a business to run). I am NOT going! My passport photo even proves it - I didn't want to go. My wonderful husband dragged me kicking and screaming through almost 2 months of anxiety attacks, crying jags, and full out tempertantrums all the way to San Pedro, Belize. And...

I SURVIVED! I LOVED IT!
I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE!
Now back to today:
The Fat Cats will be playing for Lobsterfest again this year. I have 22 days to go before my toes will touch the ground they so wish to be on. And I am:
ALREADY PACKED
READY TO GO
EXCITED
!!!!
Pictures to come later, I hope. Possibly even more of the story - ya just never know with ME!
Front Street, San Pedro, BZ

We were treated to a local dance group
strutting their stuff
Don't they all look great?!

Laurie, a.k.a. Taco Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment