Saturday, May 30, 2009

APPARENTLY I AM LATE

I never knew that I had a deadline for doing my posting on this blog, but I am finding that people have definite expectations. So, here I am at 9something p.m. (almost typed p.j. - can you tell what I'm thinking?) making an attempt to satisfy not only the wishes of others, but also keep my daily posting going (we will see how long that lasts, huh). I was challenged to try for 30 days to post daily by Carbunkle Trumpet. Ya know, sometimes I love a challenge.

Anyway, I am totally exhausted. Rather than 6 kids I only had 4 overnight and today. Normally that would be a good thing, however, one was up most of the night with an asthmatic cough which means that I was up most of the night with a kid with an asthmatic cough. Gosh, can't they take care of them selves at 15 months yet???? hehe What a cutie he is though and in the best of temperaments through it all. He is well worth the loss of sleep.

Earlier in the week I mentioned that I was excited for this weekend to get here because of the street faire here in town. The kids and I made our way up there and truly enjoyed ourselves looking at all the stuff. Stuff, stuff and more stuff. Wow was there a lot of stuff.

Normally I am a window shopper. I look and leave. No purchase necessary to look, right? However I felt compelled to purchase a CD from a musician that was performing on the sidewalk. His name was Paul Imholt. My reasoning is as follows: 1) He immediately addressed the kids; 2) He engaged them in playing some instruments - tambourine, sticks, bells and a shaker- and taught them a song about rutabagas and squash (yes, that is what the song was about); 3) He allowed them to ask questions about all the different instruments he had with him - banjo, acoustic guitar, viola, mandolin, etc. ; 4) He gently guided my little mischievious one back to me when the viola became too enticing.; 5) His music was enjoyable and relaxing. P.S. Good CD! The Psalms is the title of the one I chose to purchase.

Once we made a lap around the exhibitors we took a few minutes to grab a smoothie for each of the kids and sit and listen to some music from the entertainment stage. I have no clue who was playing, but they played a kind of celtic music - very nice if you were to ask me. The kids enjoyed it also and began to dance around and play to the crowd. Definite hams, they are!

With the short break concluded it was back to the exhibits as we had yet to find the kiddie section. Not to worry - it was planned that way so we headed directly in that direction now. With each step the excitement grew. Face paint, beading, kiddie rides, balloons, toys - absolute nirvana just ask them. It was the best. "Pay your money... step right up...tickets please...choose your car sir/madam...all aboard". Big bright smiles...flaming red hair streaming in the breeze...steering wheels spinning with complete abandon...FUN at it's BEST.

Exit the train straight to the face paint. Unicorn, butterfly and a rocket - can you guess which one was the boy. and if you are counting - I didn't let the baby partake in this one (yes, I know I am mean, hehe). Now we choose a balloon on a stick and head for the car.

Our time at the street faire has come to a close. Parents will be picking up soon AND my mom was coming up to visit for a few minutes. Gotta get home when Mama says, right?

Pics at some point, but for now at still 9 somethingish p.m. it's time for bonzo to go to bed. Nite all!

2 comments:

  1. Id you are already thinking about blog deadlines just wait till the day when you wake up and realize you have been blogging in your sleep ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, TG! See what you got me into? And to think, I've only been at it for ??? 12 days, I think.

    ReplyDelete