Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The F Word

I know what you are thinking.... But....

YOU ARE WRONG :)

Sometimes the letter F can be menacing. Right now it seems to be exactly that.

Starting something new can often bring about Fear.
Fear of the unknown.
Fear of reactions.
Fear of not accomplishing what you set out to do.
Fear of finding out something you don't want to know.
Fear of rejection.
Fear of....well just plain Fear.

Well, I'm trying to face my fears... Like I said in yesterdays post, I started the Minnesota Child Care Credential Course today. It is a 2 year course to show that I am knowledgeable and capable of caring for children, running a business and interacting with parents and families in a professional manner. This course aligns with the Child Development Assessment (CDA) which is a nationally recognized credential for early childhood/child care professionals.

Having been in this profession for 15 years
  • What can I learn from this course
  • What can I get from having this credential
  • What if I don't seem to be growing as a provider as a result of this course
I hate the F word but....

I love kids, I love what I do, and I am looking forward to facing my fears and beating them!

Tonight's class was good. A bit elementary, but good. What does it mean to be a professional? Who is a professional? Am I? HMMMMM....... YES!

so...F that Fear ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment